About the Role
Skills - Must Have:
| Completion of In-Depth Tax Program or MTax Degree
| Experience in Canadian Tax at a public practice firm
| Have some experience in Cross Border Tax
About the Position
As the Senior Tax Manager, you will work at a variety of levels and in a variety of industries such as investments, high net worth individuals, owner-managed businesses and more.
You will be required to complete the necessary forms for Zeifman’s clients or for the businesses in which they work while ensuring compliance and advising executive leadership/clients on best practices and emerging issues related to tax.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Liaise with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals.
· Preparing and reviewing personal, corporate tax returns, various election forms, along with other tax information forms.
· Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities.
· Emphasize, educate, and execute quality and risk controls in the Tax service line
· Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters
· Contribute to client satisfaction by providing clients with quality, timely and responsive services and work products.
· Discuss complex tax issues with the engagement team and client management.
· Keep informed of current tax developments and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations by staying abreast of changes in international tax laws, regulations, and emerging trends.
· Prepare practical and effective approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions.
· Identify tax planning opportunities for clients.
· Collaborating with Tax Partners and other senior staff on long term strategic tax planning; actively identifying, evaluating and resolving tax risks and exposures.
· Building on technical competence by keeping up to date on tax developments and applying them in practical situations
· Review tax provisions, corporate tax filings, and information returns prepared by junior accountants.
· Coordinate and review the preparation of tax provisions and related financial statement disclosures for cross-border operations by ensuring accurate and timely reporting of tax liabilities, deferred tax assets/liabilities, and tax reserves in accordance with relevant accounting standards.
· Conduct research and analysis to assess the impact of tax law changes on the organization's cross-border activities and provide proactive recommendations.
· Manage risk and financial performance of engagements and collaborate with other professionals to identify new marketplace opportunities and growth.
Summary of Experience
· Minimum of 7 years of recent work experience in public accounting
· Minimum of 7 years of experience in tax consulting
· Completion of the In-depth Tax Program or MTax degree
· Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation (is preferred)
· Extensive understanding of relevant tax legislation, corporate, personal and trust tax planning and compliance
· Ability to manage a team, delegate work and deliverables
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to engage clients to describe and market the firms' services and deliver high-quality deliverables
· Experience preparing and reviewing domestic tax compliance and implementing tax reorganizations
· Knowledge of cross border and international tax regulations